Monday, 13 October 2008

Guarding the NZ Waters, the Royal New Zealand Navy

In the holidays I went to the Navy base. It was very cool because my name was on the memorial board. We also saw a boat in the dry dock which is a dock where they drain all the water out so they can fix the boat. It was a awesome expearience.
Questions
  1. Do you know were Aucklands navy base is exactly? where?
  2. Have you ever been there? would you like to go there? why?
  3. What do you think the navy do for New Zealand?

(A.R)

6 comments:

AKR said...

This is a very interesting blog post. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
The navy base is in Devonport.
I have never been there, but would love to go sometime.
I think that the navy protect our N.Z. waters.
Love
Mum

AKR said...

This is an awesome effort... keep it up:)
The answers:
1) Yes - Devenport
2) Not inside - yes - seems interesting
3) They would protect our shores if NZ was attacked

SR (dad)

Glenview Nine said...

I don't know where the Navy base is, but I have seen a boat in dry dock. It was very dirty.

What is the memorial board and why was your name on it?

AKR said...

The memorial board is a a board of all the people in the navy that set sail and never returned. I don't know whey my name was on the memorial board but someone that died my of had the same name as me.

(AR)

Anonymous said...

that is soooo cool im not sure where it is and whats a emorial board it sounds like a memory thing so does that mean you have been there before and you are a special guest or something

Anonymous said...

The navy base is in devenport and the memorial board is a board of all the people in the navy that set sail and never returned so it is a memory thing. I have never been there before and I went with the North Shore leisure centre also with a guide from the Maritime museum.

(A.R)